Suave - My Hair Is Beyond Destroyed!

Update added by user Aug 13, 2013

And just to clarify- I followed the instructions AND read the warnings. It appeared the product would be safe for my hair type.

Original review posted by user Aug 13, 2013

I recently used the Suave Keratin Infusion 30 Day Smoothing Kit.I had purchased the product quite some time ago and was unaware it had been taken off the market due to Suave/Unilever getting sued.

To make a long story short the product destroyed my hair. It stripped the color out and turned my hair orange. It completely fried my hair and it's extremely unmanageable and frizzy. It's also breaking off.

I had my hair cut much shorter to try and fix the problem but it's still horrible. Now I know why it was discontinued. I read that other consumers had their hair fall out at the scalp! I contacted Suave/Unilever and the only thing they are willing to do is refund my money after I send them the UPC off the box.

I received a letter from them yesterday along with an envelope to mail off the UPC. I can't even read the letter because it's in a different language! I'm beyond angry. My hair will have to grow completely out for it to become normal again.

All this product was is a chemical relaxer/perm product.

It was not labeled as that though.I will never, ever buy another Suave product for as long as I live!

This review is a subjective opinion of a user.
Report Comment Private message author

Helpful? 1 Yes 1 0 No 0
Had the same issue 0 Yes 0
Comment as anonymous As anonymous or Log in
OR Is it your business? Respond to your
customers as verified company representative.
Apply for a Free Plan

Post a comment to start a discussion.

Great comment! Would you like to convert it into review?

You will be able to edit the text before publishing.

× You are about to contact

Review submitted through "Contact Us" will not get published on the site or forwarded to Suave. However, many companies do monitor reviews on our site.

You were reading a complaint about Suave.
Filing a new complaint about