Update added by user Aug 13, 2013
And just to clarify- I followed the instructions AND read the warnings. It appeared the product would be safe for my hair type.
Original review posted by user Aug 13, 2013
I recently used the Suave Keratin Infusion 30 Day Smoothing Kit.I had purchased the product quite some time ago and was unaware it had been taken off the market due to Suave/Unilever getting sued.
To make a long story short the product destroyed my hair. It stripped the color out and turned my hair orange. It completely fried my hair and it's extremely unmanageable and frizzy. It's also breaking off.
I had my hair cut much shorter to try and fix the problem but it's still horrible. Now I know why it was discontinued. I read that other consumers had their hair fall out at the scalp! I contacted Suave/Unilever and the only thing they are willing to do is refund my money after I send them the UPC off the box.
I received a letter from them yesterday along with an envelope to mail off the UPC. I can't even read the letter because it's in a different language! I'm beyond angry. My hair will have to grow completely out for it to become normal again.
All this product was is a chemical relaxer/perm product.
It was not labeled as that though.I will never, ever buy another Suave product for as long as I live!
More Review Details
- Monetary loss:
- Product or service
- Keratin Smoothing Kit
- Review category
- Cosmetics and Toiletries
You May Also Like
- "I just can't understand where any of the confusion stems from as far as billing goes... Yes the trial is advertised as either 29.95 or 19.95, but as I went..."
- "I saw the tv ad that showed pricing to be $29.95. Upon receipt of product I read the packing list and found that they were going to require 5..."
- "2 ladies Lindsay Johnson and Krystal Ziadi made a some fb posts that were completely immature and out of line. These are not the type of "women" you should be..."
- "We built our house in 1998 - 7000 square foot home, LOTS of windows, all "top of the line" Marvin windows - my husband runs a small family owned contracting..."
- "I was about to order printing for 3 copies of a resume. The cart said it'd be ready the next day for In-Store Pick Up (See photo). I..."
- "I bit into a wheat thin and it didn't come apart so I looked at it and there was a lot of thread going through the whole thing and it..."
- "Purchased patio door from Lowe's. Went with this product on recommendation by contractor. *** move. Issue one. Door arrived with passive latch system broken. Lowes..."
- "Unpacked my purchases. Put the packet on my dresser along with other items in the bag. Later came back to put purchases away. The packet was stuck to my dresser...."
- "A few weeks ago, I purchased a pair of MK snakeskin slip-on sneakers. The store did not have my size, so the woman assisting me ordered the correct size to..."