Update added by user Aug 13, 2013
And just to clarify- I followed the instructions AND read the warnings. It appeared the product would be safe for my hair type.
Original review posted by user Aug 13, 2013
I recently used the Suave Keratin Infusion 30 Day Smoothing Kit.I had purchased the product quite some time ago and was unaware it had been taken off the market due to Suave/Unilever getting sued.
To make a long story short the product destroyed my hair. It stripped the color out and turned my hair orange. It completely fried my hair and it's extremely unmanageable and frizzy. It's also breaking off.
I had my hair cut much shorter to try and fix the problem but it's still horrible. Now I know why it was discontinued. I read that other consumers had their hair fall out at the scalp! I contacted Suave/Unilever and the only thing they are willing to do is refund my money after I send them the UPC off the box.
I received a letter from them yesterday along with an envelope to mail off the UPC. I can't even read the letter because it's in a different language! I'm beyond angry. My hair will have to grow completely out for it to become normal again.
All this product was is a chemical relaxer/perm product.
It was not labeled as that though.I will never, ever buy another Suave product for as long as I live!
More Review Details
- Monetary loss:
- Product or service
- Keratin Smoothing Kit
- Review category
- Cosmetics and Toiletries
You May Also Like
- "I was in the process of ordering the starter kit for the advertised price of $19.99, of course there are offers of an upgraded system for $10.00 more, or supersizing..."
- "I just can't understand where any of the confusion stems from as far as billing goes... Yes the trial is advertised as either 29.95 or 19.95, but as I went..."
- "I am writing this regarding my hair loss because of Women Biotin Shampoo available in India. 5-6 months back I went to your store to buy Triple Cod liver oil where..."
- "The first webinar I thought was very good. The Rich Dad free options webinar. The teacher talked about using a software called ivest. https://www.ivestplus.com/. showed us how to use it..."
- "Received a dozen red roses at work on Friday Feb 12th. Expecting to open the box and see large red roses, I find rose buds instead. I figure the next..."
- "On 05/13/10, upon receipt of my order, I contacted cymax about the size discrepancy of the item I recieved, and on 05/15/10 when I provided photos of the broken table..."
- "I ordered 2 side kick glass top bunching tables from Ethan Allen based on a white wood sample board that the decorator showed me in the showroom. The store did..."
- "I went to nearby 7-11 at my area blk 641 I grab my stuff and waited for the casher to scan instead of coming to me straight he finish his..."
- "I love Twinkies I have from the beginning, But I just bought a box of them and they are half the size as they were. They were almost flat I..."