I had been using this product for quite a while.I liked it because it worked well on my body and hair and was inexpensive.
Little did I know how expensive this product was. I was taking a shower when I got some of the soap in the outer corner of my right eye. It burned so bad it felt like I had acid in my eye. The pain was so bad that I couldn't keep my eye open to flush with water unless I held them open with my fingers.
After flushing continuously for at least ten minutes, the pain did not decrease. I got out, dried off and got dressed. I was still in a lot of pain and when I looked in the mirror my right eye was red and my eyelid was red, swollen and half closed. Still dressed, I leaned over the tub and tried to flush my eye with more water but it did not help.
I ended up calling the Veteran's Admin. Health Advisor Line and told them what was happening. They advised me to go to the Emergency Room right away. I did go to the E.R.
where they diagnosed the problem as "Acute Chemical Conjunctivitis." The doctor put a pain drop in my eye and it stopped hurting, temporarily it turned out. After leaving the hospital the drops wore off and my eye started stinging again. It did not stop burning and stinging until I got up the next day. At their request, I returned the bottle of product to Unilever for analysis.
They called me today and said the product was "within product parameters" and that was it. Evidently Unilever considers a trip to the Emergency Room and a hospital bill for $1,980.00 as "within product parameters." I truly believe this is a dangerous product and would advise anyone to avoid purchasing it.
It wasn't as "inexpensive" as I originally thought.Very far from it.
More Review Details
|Product or Service Quality|
What I liked
What I disliked
- An emergency room hospital bill
- Acute chemical conjunctivitis
- Reason of review:
- Bad quality
- Preferred solution:
- Let the company propose a solution
- Monetary loss:
- Product or service
- Suave Professionals Men Citrus Rush 3-In-1 Body Wash
- Review category
- Cosmetics and Toiletries
You May Also Like
- "I received the creams on a free trial offer .. Ordered on 21 December by the 6 January two payments of £97.95 was taken from my bank Halifax / lloydsbanking..."
- "I used this on my daughter, and she lost significant amount of hair after the first time, after that, when I used it as a detangler, her hair slipped right..."
- "I bought a container of Gillette shaving foam and it exploded. The explosion completely ruined my bathroom and cost me thousands of dollars in repairs. The representative of Gillette who..."
- "I purchased Martha Stewart Living kitchen cabinets with Home Depot in Atascadero, CA in May 2014. The upper cabinets were white high gloss laminate called "Picket Fence". The original..."
- "So, I send my 2 balikbayan boxes on August 20th expecting to be in the Philippines around the first week of October. Instead LBC decided to keep my box sitting..."
- "SHOCKING DISHONESTY AND FALSE CLAIMS. I was never able to speak to a person. They were supposed to e-mail me when my phone was received and to give me a..."
- "After paying over $100 for a new pair of Nike Air Max, wearing them for less than 3 weeks, both left and right shoes delaminated at the rubber sole. What..."
- "Omg old lettuce thankfully very little of it and no tortillas with my fajitas? Triangle town center in Raleigh is having some issues with online ordering and the app orders...."
- "A few week's ago, I purchased 2 my pillow standard queen, only one that is available at Bed Bath and Beyond. I purchased for our rv. I then..."