Suave Men's Citrus Rush 3 in 1 Body Wash and Shampoo

37 of 100 Suave reviews

I had been using this product for quite a while.I liked it because it worked well on my body and hair and was inexpensive.

Little did I know how expensive this product was. I was taking a shower when I got some of the soap in the outer corner of my right eye. It burned so bad it felt like I had acid in my eye. The pain was so bad that I couldn't keep my eye open to flush with water unless I held them open with my fingers.

After flushing continuously for at least ten minutes, the pain did not decrease. I got out, dried off and got dressed. I was still in a lot of pain and when I looked in the mirror my right eye was red and my eyelid was red, swollen and half closed. Still dressed, I leaned over the tub and tried to flush my eye with more water but it did not help.

I ended up calling the Veteran's Admin. Health Advisor Line and told them what was happening. They advised me to go to the Emergency Room right away. I did go to the E.R.

where they diagnosed the problem as "Acute Chemical Conjunctivitis." The doctor put a pain drop in my eye and it stopped hurting, temporarily it turned out. After leaving the hospital the drops wore off and my eye started stinging again. It did not stop burning and stinging until I got up the next day. At their request, I returned the bottle of product to Unilever for analysis.

They called me today and said the product was "within product parameters" and that was it. Evidently Unilever considers a trip to the Emergency Room and a hospital bill for $1,980.00 as "within product parameters." I truly believe this is a dangerous product and would advise anyone to avoid purchasing it.

It wasn't as "inexpensive" as I originally thought.Very far from it.

This review is a subjective opinion of a user.
Report Comment Private message author

More Review Details

• What I liked
      No items
  • What I disliked
    • An emergency room hospital bill
    • Acute chemical conjunctivitis

Reason of review:
Bad quality
Preferred solution:
Let the company propose a solution
Monetary loss:
$1980
Product or service
Suave Professionals Men Citrus Rush 3-In-1 Body Wash
Review category
Cosmetics and Toiletries
review #685995 by

Author wants to be contacted by the company. Learn more

Had an experience with Suave? Submit review ›
Helpful? 0 Yes 0 0 No 0
Had the same issue 0 Yes 0
37 of 100 Suave reviews
Comment as anonymous As anonymous or Log in
OR Is it your business? Respond to your
customers as verified company representative.
Apply for a Free Plan

Sep 19, 2015 #1036161

I received coupons for 6 bottles of Suave products, evidently Unilever (Suave Products) considers that adequate compensation for the pain and expense I experienced from using their product.

0 0 Reply
Great comment! Would you like to convert it into review?

You will be able to edit the text before publishing.