I had been using this product for quite a while.I liked it because it worked well on my body and hair and was inexpensive.
Little did I know how expensive this product was. I was taking a shower when I got some of the soap in the outer corner of my right eye. It burned so bad it felt like I had acid in my eye. The pain was so bad that I couldn't keep my eye open to flush with water unless I held them open with my fingers.
After flushing continuously for at least ten minutes, the pain did not decrease. I got out, dried off and got dressed. I was still in a lot of pain and when I looked in the mirror my right eye was red and my eyelid was red, swollen and half closed. Still dressed, I leaned over the tub and tried to flush my eye with more water but it did not help.
I ended up calling the Veteran's Admin. Health Advisor Line and told them what was happening. They advised me to go to the Emergency Room right away. I did go to the E.R.
where they diagnosed the problem as "Acute Chemical Conjunctivitis." The doctor put a pain drop in my eye and it stopped hurting, temporarily it turned out. After leaving the hospital the drops wore off and my eye started stinging again. It did not stop burning and stinging until I got up the next day. At their request, I returned the bottle of product to Unilever for analysis.
They called me today and said the product was "within product parameters" and that was it. Evidently Unilever considers a trip to the Emergency Room and a hospital bill for $1,980.00 as "within product parameters." I truly believe this is a dangerous product and would advise anyone to avoid purchasing it.
It wasn't as "inexpensive" as I originally thought.Very far from it.
More Review Details
|Product or Service Quality|
What I liked
What I disliked
- An emergency room hospital bill
- Acute chemical conjunctivitis
- Reason of review:
- Bad quality
- Preferred solution:
- Let the company propose a solution
- Monetary loss:
- Product or service
- Suave Professionals Men Citrus Rush 3-In-1 Body Wash
- Review category
- Cosmetics and Toiletries
Author wants to be contacted by the company. Learn more ›
You May Also Like
- "Since I bought the suave keratin my hair seem to be less frizzy more softer then my hair started to be coming out while brushing it my daughters and..."
- "My scalp and skin was burned by this product. My skin is peeling and my hair is coming out...."
- "I bought my No no for use on facial hair. I used it for 45 days, and it stopped working. I sent it back and got a replacement and started..."
- "Someone stole my credit card information and made two purchases. The genius purchased the items using my address and attempted to drop ship them to his address but was too..."
- "...I noticed that the leather is peeling off from lots of places.I didn't even use the bag..."
- "I signed a contract with Re-Bath 8 months ago and I am still waiting for my project to be completed and the repairs done to the areas they damaged during..."
- "I purchased Martha Stewart Living kitchen cabinets with Home Depot in Atascadero, CA in May 2014. The upper cabinets were white high gloss laminate called "Picket Fence". The original..."
- "I first received an e-mail stating my business had been reviewed. It showed a mediocre rating by the CEO of MyLife, whom I have never met not had any..."
- "So, I send my 2 balikbayan boxes on August 20th expecting to be in the Philippines around the first week of October. Instead LBC decided to keep my box sitting..."